To keep your InstaBET Account and your online activities, in general, private and secure, we advise to follow the recommendations below:
- Do not set your device (PC, Smartphone, Tablet, etc.) to remember your passwords. Even though this feature is provided as a way of convenience, this is one of the most frequent ‘hacks‘.
- Do not write your password down where somebody can find it.
- Password-protect your Windows system so that when it goes to sleep, you have to enter a password to get back in.
- Do not leave your account logged on if others can access your computer/device.
- Always choose a strong password
- Never use a word that can be found in a dictionary.
- Make your password at least 8 characters long, the longer the password, the more secure it is.
- Combine letters, numbers, and symbols.
- There are several online tools to automatically generate secure passwords. Use them.
- Never share your InstaBET Account password with anyone. You would not let someone else access your online banking account, so why let someone else access your InstaBET Account?
- Do not use the same password in any two locations. We understand it makes it easy to have the same password everywhere but it also makes it easy for hackers.
- When changing passwords, never re-use an older password, nor any variant of it.
- Do not fall prey to scams where others want to access your account. If an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Never log into Windows to play as Administrator or equivalent. Use a restricted user account to ensure keyloggers or Trojans have a much more difficult time gaining access.
- Windows default Firewall will not protect you sufficiently, as it only blocks attacks from the outside from getting in. Use one of the following: Norton, McAfee, ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky. Additionally, use at least two good spyware scanners.
- Virus/Trojan/Spyware Scanners only detect things they know about. It is still possible to catch a customized piece of spyware or a keylogger that has never been reported to the scanner authors. Therefore, we advise you to use good judgement when deciding what to download.
- Do not play from anybody else’s computer/device.
If you need further assistance contact us now.
This post is also available in: Español